The government has today published guidance to help employers understand the regulations and legal obligations that apply if they wish to introduce their own testing programmes outside the NHS Test and Trace service (which appears to be struggling to cope with demand in some areas).
It provides advice on:
- virus and antibody testing
- the steps you need to think about before deciding to establish a testing programme
- informing staff and complying with GDPR requirements
- selecting and obtaining appropriate test kits
- collecting and handling samples
- finding appropriate laboratory facilities
- data collection and individual rights
- communicating the results to staff; and
- what an employer can and can't do with the results
It also provides a very helpful list of the legal issues relevant to this issue and provides links to relevant legislation.
Our Coronavirus updates
We're working hard to keep you up to date with legal developments around Coronavirus. We've set up a portal which includes lots of helpful articles and advice to help you.
If you have a query, that we haven't answered, please contact us.