Yesterday the government updated its guidance to help schools prepare to reopen to all pupils at the end of the school holidays.
- provides more advice on risk management
- provides clarification on the age requirements related to face coverings on public and school transport
- confirms that revised guidance on cleaning has now been published
- sets out how the Department for Education will be supporting schools over the summer particularly in relation to communicating to parents and pupils about the need to return to school
- gives more information about pupils with education, health and care plans
- gives more information about managing contractors and other visitors to schools, including immunisation programmes
- clarifies some details about the test and trace process
- provides additional advice on staff who are clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable
- expands on use of space and ventilation
- provides a link to the recorded webinar on mental health and wellbeing, clarifies resources available from MindEd, and links to e-Bug resources to support teaching children about hygiene measures
- providse advice on exam results day
School plans will already be well advanced. However, the government expects all schools to follow any additional guidance contained in this update.
Our Coronavirus updates
We're working hard to keep you up to date with legal developments around Coronavirus. We've set up a portal which includes lots of helpful articles and advice to help you.
If you have a query, that we haven't answered, please contact us.