Chichester District Council is due to begin charging CIL on 1 February 2016.
The proposed charging rates are as follows:
- Residential Development - South of the District with 30% Affordable Housing: £120 per square metre.
- Residential Development - North of the District with 30% Affordable Housing: £200 per square metre
- Business uses: £0 per square metre
- Convenience Retail: £125 per square metre
- Comparison Retail: £20 per square metre
- Purpose Built Student Housing: £30 per square metre
- All other development: £0 per square metre
The levy will only apply to development that obtain planning permission on or after 1 February 2016. Permissions granted before that date will not attract CIL.
If you have a scheme that is likely to be affected, and want to know what exemptions or reliefs may be available, please feel free to get in touch.
The submitted Chichester CIL Draft Charging Schedule was subjected to an independent examination hearing on Tuesday 9 June 2015. Mike Hayden BSc, DipTP, MRTPI, from the Planning Inspectorate, was appointed as the independent Examiner for the examination. The Council received the CIL Examiner's final report on 23 November 2015 it is published below. The Council will now proceed to take the CIL Charging Schedule through the formal committee process with a recommendation to Council to adopt it on 26 January 2016, to take effect from 1 February 2016.